Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Thing 1 -- getting started... once again

So here I am once again... I couldn't let the final Cool Tools workshop pass me by without jumping in!  I am very late getting started which is totally unlike me... family life got in the way for a little while and things went that direction instead of this direction....

I am Maureen and work as a LMS in Saratoga Springs.  Have been here at this school for 17 years and a classroom teacher long before that.  I love what I do as it is a balance between books and technology.  This year we got rid of all the desktop computers in the lab next to the library and I created a Makerspace.  There are lots of consumables and STEAM objects as well as cloudbooks and iPads.  My goal is to really find better uses of these tech with this class.  I feel very comfortable with the iPads, but want to be able to use the cloudbooks for more than Microsoft Products.

As the school year is coming to a close I find myself looking back at the projects and technology I have done with my students and it feels minimal.  Which shocks me...  hence why I really need to find more inspiration here.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Final thing reflection

It is really hard to believe that this workshop has come to an end....  my first blog post for this series of classes was from 2010...  m...